20 Healthy and Easy Snacks to Satisfy All Your CravingsNov 11, 2021
The snack monster rears its ugly head every day around 3 p.m., and then again in the late evening. Can you relate? We have found that cravings usually fall into four categories: sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy.
First, you have to be prepared.
Second, you have to try out some of our creations. Try a different one every few days, and let us know what you think!
After all, we know how easy it is to dig in the freezer for a tub of ice cream or reach into the pantry for those salt and vinegar chips. We have all been there, so know you aren’t alone.
However, with our compiled list below, we have successfully been able to stay away from those trigger foods – we don’t even crave the unhealthy stuff (most days)! If you can’t quit junk food snacks cold turkey, start by choosing one of our alternatives once a week until you can work up to every day. Change doesn’t happen overnight. It’s more important to make small, achievable goals.
- 5 fresh strawberries dipped into 1 Tbsp. melted chocolate chips (we are fond of Hu chocolate and Eating Evolved chocolate)
- 1-2 pieces dark chocolate (again, Eating Evolved or Hu)
- 1 “fried” banana: coat a small nonstick pan with coconut oil and heat until hot, then add banana slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and cook until golden; flip and cook until the other side is golden. Delish!
- 8 grain-free graham crackers (we love the ones by Simple Mills) spread with raw almond butter or cashew butter
- 3 oz. deli-sliced turkey breast (we prefer Applegate) with mustard
- 1 Siete Foods tortilla, sliced into triangles and cooked in a pan with hot virgin coconut oil and sprinkled with pink Himalayan sea salt; serve with guacamole and salsa
- 1 cup organic edamame sprinkled with pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 hard-boiled egg sprinkled with truffle sea salt
- Toss 1/4 cup raw nuts in some extra virgin olive oil, pink Himalayan sea salt and smoked paprika. Place in a small pan on the stove over low heat. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring every 60 seconds.
- 1 cup jicama and celery sticks with guacamole and salsa for dipping
- Homemade baked apple chips: thinly slice 1 organic granny smith apple, coat with coconut oil cooking spray and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on a baking sheet and bake in oven 275 F for 1 hour or until crispy.
- Handful of raw macadamia nuts (our favorite!), cashews, or pistachios
- 1/4 cup of our grain-free granola
- 1 packet of nut or seed butter. Our favorite nut butter pack is FBOMB Macadamia nut butter and our favorite seed butter is the unsweetened pumpkin seed butter by 88 Acres
- Mango lassi: 1 cup frozen mango, 1/2 cup coconut kefir, and 2 scoops collagen peptides, blended until smooth
- Matcha latte: whisk together 1 tsp. matcha, 2 scoops collagen peptides, 1/4 tsp. liquid monk fruit, and 12 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 baked sweet potato: wrap in foil and bake in 400 F oven for 45 minutes or until soft (do not use microwave)
- Hummus deviled eggs: hard-boil 2 pasture-raised eggs for 11 minutes. Cool in an ice bath and then peel. Halve the eggs and remove the yolks to a bowl; mash with 1 Tbsp. hummus. Spoon hummus into ehh white halves.
- Fruit smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew, coconut or almond milk + 1 cup frozen fruit + 2 scoops collagen peptides or vanilla protein powder + 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Chocolate smoothie: 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew or almond milk + 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cacao powder + 1 scoop chocolate protein powder + ice cubes
Which of these snacks is your favorite?
Note: This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting U Rock Girl!